Monday, August 19, 2013

8-14 Wed / Day 1 Emily arrives at MTC. It's PDay. Wrote a letter home : )

Hi Everyone -- Emily's not-so-techy Mom here.  Bear with me as I figure out how this Blog and I are going to get along. I haven't even read a Blog, except for when Emily calls me over to see something a family member has written.  I wanted to take a picture of her hand-written note and post it, but I'm not quite there yet .... for day 1, I will transpose:






Wed, Aug 14, 2013 Brother Blake dropped her off in the midst of major construction around the MTC in Provo. Took them a while to get in there, I guess start up schedules were pretty off that day. But she is off to a great start, as evidenced by note she sent off to us that night. 
I will share : ).



Mom & Dad ...

I did it! I made it through my first day at the MTC! I'm glad they said we could write today 'cause I think it may be keeping me from being sad! I did have a super good day though.  Everyone is so nice! My companion's name is Sister Asay (AC). Literally could Not have gotten a better companion! She's from Dallas, Texas (I know Crazy) brown hair, brown eyes just like me!  We instantly became friends : ).  She's so outgoing and easy to talk to!  It hasn't even been 24 hours and I literally LOVE HER !!!

     I can't even explain how crazy & long this day was! There are 6 girls in my room.  One is from Temecula & I love her too! She's Sister Tiratille.  Most fun girl ever!  We're just going to be giving e/o hugs all the time b/c we decided we're going to miss those a lot!!  One sister is from American Samoa, she just got here a few hours ago 'cause she got lost.  But she is also very friendly!  Anyways, enough about the Sisters ...

      I have already learned so much and it's only the first day!  As hard as it is to not be talking to people, I know I'm supposed to be here.  I love this church!!  I am so filled w/ joy to be on this mission!  I love you guys so much.  Thank you for letting me be here! This is amazing!

     If this letter gets to you before Wednesday, than Awesome! But yes, my Pdays are on WEDNESDAYS!!!

     PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell Nate that I love him and miss him, but also that I'm happy here.  It's an amazing place & I'm so excited for him to get to his mission! & Remember the goal XOXOXO.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ON A MISSION!
I made it here!
I'm going to make this mission a WOW

I love you XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!
Emily

P.S. (THEY HAVE ALMOND MILK !!)


No comments:

Post a Comment