Tuesday, September 23, 2014

9 - 22 / Day 122 Just Another Week

Hey Everyone! Yvette here. : )  I made a correction to Emily's now counting-down day count!  She has been given a release date of Jan 21, 2015.  That shaved 20 Days off the count we were working with.  So as of today, Sept 22, 2014, Emily will be released to travel home in 122 days.  Oh my goodness.  Too much to do!

Email time!

Can I just tell you how sick of looking at a computer screen I am!?! Office work hasn't slowed down in the slightest bit. We've been working on fixing Sisters schedules all week and just a bunch of other things. We also had to start a yearly report for Cyd Mcbride who's the head manager over all the big tours that happen here in Temple Square. It's a lot of work. I couldn't even begin to describe all that goes into it. We literally have to report EVERYTHING for every month in every single language. haha. 

Sister Asay has been super awesome though. Just jumped right in and helps with everything! I love her so much. I feel so blessed and grateful to have this time to spend as companions with her again. I've already learned a ton from her and it hasn't even been a week yet. We are just the best of friends. It's fun when people ask where we're from and one answers "I'm from Dallas... well she's from Dallas too," and then people are like "woahh, how did you get that lucky?" haha. I really don't know how I got so lucky. It was so cute when she found out I was her companion. We went to pick her up at the airport and Sister Tiritilli went in to find her. I decided I would hide in the trunk so she couldn't see anyone in the car. When they came out Sistter Tiritilli said... "Hey hurry, go open the trunk" and Sister Asay was like, "what? whyy?" Sister Tiritilli was like "'Cause your companion is in it." So she opens it and starts crying and hugging me before I could even get out! hahahaha. I felt so loved :) 

Despite all the office work we had to do we still had a really good week, and I learned some important lessons! We got to attend a session of the Re-dedication of the Ogden Temple. The spirit was so strong and taught me some very valuable things. I just pondered on how grateful I am to have made covenants with my Father in Heaven that protect me and assure me that I can someday make it back to him. I realized more than ever that that is the reason why I'm on a mission. To help bring souls back to him, to help his children learn of the promises they need to make, that will bring them protection in this life. I could go on about all the things I've learned. It was a super neat experience. 

Carlos also got his patriarchal blessing this week!!! It was great to talk to him about his experience. It's moments like those that I am so grateful for this gospel. Because I can see how much it changes the lives of those who except it. Carlos just beams with the spirit and others can see and feel it. I know he will be a successful missionary some day! 
That's about it for this week. Wish me luck with the list of things I have to accomplish this week! & pray for my vision to come back. haha. We've been on the computer so much I honestly can't see anymore. I woke up this morning and everything was blurry and it hasn't gotten better either. I'm not even exaggerating like I normally do, hahah. I legit can hardly even focus on the words I'm typing right now cause they're all a blur. Hope there's not too many spelling errors! 


LOVE YOU ALL 

Get excited for Conference... it's coming so soon & I'm soooo excited. Last Conference as a Temple Square Missionary! I'm going out with a bang! 
xoxo, 
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment