Thursday, November 21, 2013

11-19 / Day 98 My Refiner's Fire

My most fav Sister Hale!
     This week I've really learned how much I truly need this mission in my life... to progress spiritually, to learn what it really means to be patient, to learn what the Atonement really is all about... The list goes on! But I've come to the realization that this mission is my refiners fire! One of my best mission buddies shared some pretty special things with me this week that have really gotten me through a hard time I've been having. I think as missionaries we expect ourselves to be perfect, to be able to find a way to convert every last little soul we meet, but news flash... it's not everyones time, even if I think it is. C.S. Lewis says something in Mere Christianity that I have thought about over the last few days. He says,


"Give me all of you. I don’t want so much of your time, so much of your talents and money, and so much of your work. I want you. All of you. I have not come to torment or frustrate the natural man or woman, but to kill it. No half measures will do. I don’t want to only prune a branch here and a branch there; rather I want the whole tree out. Hand it over to me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and wishes and dreams. Turn them ALL over to me, give yourself to me and I will make of you a new self---in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will give you Myself. My will, shall become your will. My heart, shall become your heart.”


This brought tears to my eyes as I read it. God can't work with people or missionaries who already think they're perfect. He will not work with hearts that are not open, minds that can't be changed! And so I've really come to know that God doesn't expect me to be perfect, but he expects me to do exactly what this quote states... just give it all up to Him no matter what it is! He asks us to do this so He can help us, so He can shape us, so He can teach us!


Although the trials stink when they come, that's alright. It's just another way God is shaping me:) No one likes the trial while they're immersed in it, but when you come out, its just beautiful what you've become and learned. It doesn't matter who I was before August 14th 2013 or who I'm gonna be after January 21st 2014, but who I'm becoming right here, right now on this mission! Yes, I find myself in days where I ask, "Why am I here? Why did I choose this? How can I even help people when I'm not even that good myself?" But I'm learning to say, "Alright Sister Hansen, you may be having a bad day today, but think of the bad days you've had in the past and all the good days that came after that bad day... who says that's not gonna happen again?" So I just lift my little sad chin up and look for the miracles, cause they ALWAYS COME!

Our investigators are doing FAB:

Carlos: Oh bless his little soul, Hes so cute! He put together all the details for his baptism yesterday with the Elders and couldn't be more filled with joy!!! SATURDAY IS THE DAY! Get ready for pictures next week... it's so weird that you get so close to these people you've never even seen before! Just shows that looks mean nothing to our Father in Heaven right :)

Paul: He went to church in Germany met the Elders there and has seen some pretty crazy miracles of the spirit guiding him since he's been there! Wish I had time to share, but lets be honest I write so much anyways that you wouldn't want to have to read even more:) ahah. He gets back in town tomorrow!!!


Bored in the Teaching Center.
hahahaah So Stupid!!
Idk who else to share about. Everyone else is pretty random and kinda new. Sister Hale and I have just been trying to contact ALL The people in our area book! I can't believe we're going into our last week of the transfer! I DONT WANT A NEW COMPANION. haha. & it's Christmas time soon! The square's gonna turn into MADNESS.

I also finished The Book of Mormon again a couple of days ago and have started it again with a whole new focus! I'm so excited about it (wow I'm turning into SUCH a missionary) hahha. I'm going to focus ALL about the Savior and how much the Book of Mormon truly testifies and teaches of Jesus Christ!

OH YA... Our mission performance was awesome THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY HALL WAS PACKED FULL OF PEOPLE:) Such an amazing spiritual experience for the investigators and visitors who came! I'll attach lots of pics!


I Love You All!
Sister Hansen


Performance Night!


My mission Grandpa : ) Elder Frost!  Just Love Him!
He's a Psychologist.  We help him keep his skills sharp!
Yay Chile!!  My fav lil' Chilean Sister Meriambo!

Elder and Sister Sharp, the senior couple who organized
The Whole Mission Performance! So awesome!!
Sis Tiritilli & I.  Couldn't live
without her in this mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment