Friday, December 13, 2013

12-6 / Day 115 Walking In A Winter Wonderland!



It's freezing here !!!

Well I'm surprised I'm still alive this week considering that its been like 5 degrees here! I'm DYING! It's soooooooo cold. This is such a fun time of the year on the square but it's also pretty frustrating at times! People just want to see the lights. They see a missionary coming their way & they just run. I've heard some members say some pretty snotty remarks and it's a bit upsetting to be honest.... "I heard the Sisters had picture training this year cause that's all they're good for," "We're already members of the church we don't need to talk to missionaries," "Oh look, the Sisters have such an easy job. All they have to do is just hide in all the crowds and stare at the lights,".... The list goes on! It's funny that they think you can't hear them, but you can!
But the lights are pretty!


Yayyyyyy!!!!!
Christmas Timeeeee!



I don't know why members think just because they've already been baptized the missionaries do no good in talking to them! Our purpose as missionaries isn't to just dunk everyone into the baptismal font, it's to help anyone and EVERYONE come closer to Christ! And so we've been trying our hardest to stay aligned with our purpose, and yes the Lights are sooo fun & there's been some amazing members I've talked with, but it's kind of a struggle for me right now. I'm working through it though & figuring out what works well & what doesn't.


I've also been really surprised that people struggle so much to remember the real meaning of Christmas... You ask them a Christmas Tradition they have as a family to help them remember what Christmas is all about & they reply with "making sugar cookies," "playing in the snow." I just wanna shake them all and ask, "What does that have to do with the Savior being born to come and give you eternal life?" But of course I don't say that. I just reply with an idea for them to actually remember the meaning and the purpose of this Holy Day season!

Snow Snow Snooooowww!

Teaching has been pretty slow this week as well, Sister Nakamatsu is VERY shy! She talks and has pretty good English when we're just going about doing our things but the second it comes to teaching it's like she doesn't know any English at all! I feel like I'm the only one saying anything about 95% of the time, and I am FAR from the perfect teacher, I need my companion to teach along side with me and help me! There's a reason why we teach the gospel in 2s! I'm hoping it will get better. Almost all of our appointments have fallen through this week so I'll probably just update more next week.

Carlos is doing awesome though and has started to bring his little brother to Seminary with him. He's going to the Temple on the 14th to do baptism for the dead! He's such a great kid! Blows my mind that he's only a junior in High School.

Paul is good, we've only had some short conversations cause he's been busy, but he's reading the BOM a ton each day and wants to be baptized. He just wants to get his family to be more supportive and finish the BOM first... so he's progressing and doing great! We'll teach him soon!

Idk what else to update on...

I got to pass off driving this week and it felt SOOOOOOO good to drive a car again! YAHOOO! haha. I can't wait to go drive to the store today again. It's like the smallest thing, but it helps you feel normal! haha.

I love you all & I hope that you're able to remember the importance of the season!!! It's easy to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas and forget what the real meaning is! The Ensign has some awesome stories in it this month & I've loved reading them.
Hand hug to Slater!!!  hahahah!!


The Browns and Jordan!!
Crying I was soooo happy :)
Nate's Aunt & Uncle and kids!
I cannot believe how many RANDOM people I've run into this week on the square, it's hilarious & so fun:)

Hunt me down everyone, I love it!! haha.


-Sister Hansen





No comments:

Post a Comment