Monday, May 19, 2014

5 - 19 / PASSED 1/2 WAY COUNTDOWN STARTS Day 268 Okay, WHAT?


Seriously, I don't know where to start. Maybe I'll start with the fact that Nates brother Bobby showed up in my sacrament meeting yesterday! ahahha. I totally thought he was an investigator from a far until Sister Egbert went up to introduce herself and then it hit me I was like " OH SHOOT.  I KNOW EXACTLY WHO THAT IS," hahaha. It was super fun:)  Seeing Nate's old car made me a li'l trunky though, not gonna lie. 

The work is still moving right along here in Clovis. I can't believe I'm half done with my time here. 6 weeks from now I'll be back in Temple Square! Weiiiirdd. 
Our investigators are doing great, we just LOVE THEM!
We got to meet Bill's wife this week... she's totally anti, but wanted to meet us and say thank you for Bill quitting his addiction to Tobacco. Bummer thing is that she asked us to only read with him from the Bible. We totally know he will get baptized, it's just a matter of when. 

We taught Shay this week with a sweet member here... Sister Cleveland is literally an angel. Shay's mom died when she was 12 and she's graduating in a few weeks and is just so sad that her Mom won't be there. But the lesson was super sweet and it was so good to have Sister Cleveland cause she's like a mother figure to her. The spirit was sooo strong. We all just cried. At the end I was just feeling the spirit so strong that I needed to tell her how much we love her and how much God loves her and that that is the reason I came on a mission... was to help people feel his love! When I told her she just smiled real big and said, " I can really tell. When you don't come after school, I just like look out my window and see if your car will pull up." It was sooo stinkin sweet!!! 

We got a referral from a member this week. So of course we went to contact her asap... when we got there we hardly even had to say who we were before she was introducing herself and telling us about how her sister just got baptized a few years ago and then married in the Temple. She had just gotten back that day from visiting with her and her sister gave her a  Book of Mormon and a bunch of pamplets that she read on the airplane home! Sister Egbert invited her to be baptized if she came to know that it was all true and she said, "Yes, of course, absolutely." We were like startled with amazement. We then asked, "why?!!" ahahha.  She said, "I can't wait to tell you all about it. Come back soon. I would love to talk now, but I'm in the middle of work!" We're going to teach her tomoorrow morning! YAY FOR GOLDEN INVESTIGATORS AND MEMBER REFERRALS!!!
It's been sooooo hot here. Like literally 105 outside. And we've knocked just about a million doors this week. ahah
That's all the high lights I can think of! 
Just trying to do my best and learn all that I can while I'm here! 
Have a fantastic week! 
Happy Summer everyone!!!! 
xoxo
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment