Wednesday, May 7, 2014

5 - 5 Day 265 The Lord Chastens Who He Loves!

Well I've learned a lot since I've been here in California. I will never like struggles and trials and complicated companions, but at least it's teaching me lots of things : ) This week has been SO busy. The work here is on FIRE. The ward is great! So many amazing members who are amped up to help with missionary work.
Bill is doing great : ) He makes me laugh every time we teach him.
He's on date to be baptized May 31st!!! 
We're praying that his wife's heart will open up. We finally got to meet her, she wasn't as bad as Bill makes her seem! haha.
We're also teaching an amazing family, The Ladeairous Family, their 12-year-old daughter is going to girls camp and she came to church on Sunday!!! : ) Yay. We've been teaching them with Sister Hamel, she went on a mission to the New York VC! Her daughter and Elizabeth are good friends, so it's worked out really great.
We're also teaching Wendy & Juan! They're awesome and super funny. Took them on such a powerful church tour this week, they are on date to be baptized May 24!


There are so many people we are teaching and so much going on here, I've been really bad about emailing cause I just don't know where to start and what to say. So you can all just forgive me! haha. Just know that the work is going going going!


And I'm trying my very hardest to stay patient with my companion. We just don't really see eye to eye very often. The way I look at things is very different from her perspective. I could care less at the end of the week if no one is on date to be baptized or if we hardly got any referrals. I mean of course I WANT to see success and the fruits of my labors like anyone else, but I've learned to just give it my all and not care what the results show! If I'm working my hardest, teaching the best I can, loving the LORD, and those I teach, who cares what the numbers are at the end who cares if only 10 people got baptized your whole mission. I'm working and loving God, that's all I can do. My companion on the other hand, is not seeing it that way. And it's hard. Because I feel like that is where the whole robot missionary things comes in! I'm here to be myself and to try my best. If I expect more than that I'm going to go home with so many regrets and disappointments!


I suppose that is just a little of what I've learned this week. I'm starting to think all these trials are coming so I can learn to depend on the Lord for support, encouragement, happiness and joy cause it's sure as heck not going to be coming from anything else. People let you down all the time, so I'm not going to depend on my companion to make me happy or my investigators or the numbers! I've got the Lord on my side and that's all I really need!


Until I'm home then I have MY MOMMY AND MY FRIENDS AND NATE! haha. But for now it's just me and God, and I'm going to work work work and do all I can to help all those around me.
I love you all!!! 
xoxo 
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment