Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8 - 25 / Day 170 We LOVE Africa!


Forgot my journal today, so I'm going to have to rely on my head. Be afraid. It's been a great week though, so I will try my very hardest to recap!


Tuesday, Aug 19th, we had Zone Training Meeting. It was super inspired. Sister Marsh & I have been talking a lot lately about how we want to improve our teachings skills and study habits. Our Zone Leaders had some Recent Converts and Investigators come so we could just practice teaching with them & then get feed back on how we can do can better & improve. We taught a girl named Sophia who just moved here from Colorado. She's going to the U for her masters program and is Greek Orthodox. She grew up with a kid who's a member and likes the church but just doesn't totally have an interest in being a member. We taught her the Restoration & then answered all the questions she had about the church. It was really neat to just be able to teach her as the spirit directed us and then to get feedback right then from her about how we could have done better. We're hoping we will be able to continue teaching her. I was also on exchanges with Sister Marambio from Chile. She fed me a bunch of Chilan candy! That was fun :) haha. & tried to teach me Spanish. I'm kind of a lost cause, though. Hopefully I'll be able to learn once I'm home. 


Wednesday, the 20th, we had Zone Conference. It was really good too. I LOVE getting training from President! He's the best, has so much spiritual knowledge. He gave Sister Marsh & I a shout out for making his Power Point presentation. He thinks we're artists :) haha. Then we talked with Jackie (the less active that's come back to the church that I talked about last week) for a while outside by the Temple. The weather was just perfect. I could have sat there for hours and just talked. Sister Marsh & I love talking to her sooo much cause her testimony is so strong and powerful. We talked a lot about the Atonement and how we can apply it better in our lives and not just with the huge things we do wrong but for the small things. The enabling power of the Atonement I think is the coolest part. I've been able to experience how it's changed me as I've been serving my Savior and trying to become more like him each day.

I will just write about all the days in one now since I can't remember specifics.
The Elders here in the Salt Lake Swahili ward have been bringing a lot of their investigators here for us to teach and we LOVE it since our hearts are just so full for the African culture. Yesterday we taught Jimmy and Jeremiah with them. They just moved here from Uganda and their cousin is a member. Their Dad died two years ago. We taught them the Restoration and the spirit was sooo strong. The Elders asked how they felt about everything that they had been taught and they said in their cute little African accents, "So good, very good." We all bore our testimonies about the Spirit and how the good feelings they were having were coming from God. Sister Marsh asked them what they thought the importance of baptism was, and Jimmy said, "So we can enter into the family of God." SOOO CUTE. 


We put them on date for baptism September 6th. We shall see what happens there. We also taught another family with them that's on date for that day too. Yiiippiiie. Speaking of baptisms... Jamah wasn't able to get baptized on Saturday because the member of the mission presidency who was suppose to interview him wasn't in town. He had is interview yesterday and said it went very well. "Exactly successful," in his words! So the baptism will be THIS SATURDAY. We're stoked to be on skype to be able to watch it. At 4am! haha :)

Emmanuel wasn't able to make it to church this Sunday cause his brother was super sick. But the Elders found him this week and came and gave his brother a blessing. He is sooo sweet. We just LOVE him. He promised his hardest to make it to church this Sunday.

There is so much more to share and lots of other amazing people that we have been privileged to teach. Moral of the story is.. Sister Hansen LOVES being a missionary and helping God's children to know the truth. It brings such a joy to me life to share this with every one that I can. This week I've just been filled with gratitude for my Savior and his Atonement. I've realized how much it's allowed me to change as I've served him and put him first. I want nothing more than to just become like Him the best that I can. I'm learning more and more everyday about how I can do that and how important it is. No, I'm not perfect, but I know I'm on a safe and happy path, and I wouldn't leave it for anything in the world.


I love you all,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment