Wednesday, September 18, 2013

9/18 Day 36 Familiar Faces on Every Corner!


This has been the funniest week of my mission so far!!! So many activities, ran into SO many friends, & I'm finally feeling the LOVE of everyone here!
I'm just gonna start right off with some of the crazy miracles we had this week! 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!

Garcia Family: A huge family from Mexico came into the South Visitor's Center for a tour so we took them because Sis. Deleu can speak Spanish! They were all so sweet & SO accepting of everything we were teaching. We took them to the Prophets and Book of Mormon display and I could already start to see the tears building in their eyes. Then, we took the to the Christus and the spirit was INTENSE, for our grand finale we took them into see God's Plan for his Family (it's like a little movie that talks all about how God created us & how we can be together forever).  All 12 of us in the end were crying and they were thanking us so much for the spirit we brought to them and for the amazing lessons they learned.  They all left begging for Books of Mormon and asked for us to write our testimonies on the back of The Living Christ & put it in the Books! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! Unfortunately,  we didn't get their information but they said they were going to find the missionaries as soon as they got home.   I TOTALLY know they will !   Oh and this whole entire tour was in Spanish, but I knew what was going on almost the whole time... 
I NEED TO LEARN SPANISH SOOOOO BADLY!


Chloe: I've been teaching her over email for about 2 weeks now because her phone isn't working. She's 14 and from the UK.  She's the sweetest girl ever.  I LOVE HER! She came on chat basically asking how she could believe in God since her whole family is atheist and she doesn't like it. She said she knows He's there but doesn't know how to fully have faith in Him. So I've been emailing her back and forth & she's learning so much & LOVES her relationship with God now.  She says when she reads the emails she feels the spirit.  I'm hoping to call her Mom sometime this week so I can get permission to start teaching her over the phone.  She is going to church on Sunday with a friend who's a member. I'm hoping so set a baptismal date with her this next week :) Woohooo!!!


Luis: He's progressing but for some reason our phone calls haven't been going through at all this week to the Dominican Republic... SO SAD. He left an email yesterday and wrote, "Emily (since we teach by our first names here) I'm so sad the phones aren't working.  Please call back soon.  I miss talking and I'm ready to learn.  You can call anytime." I was sooo happy he didn't forget about us since we haven't been able to call! 
We've been teaching so many other people, but I don't even have time to get into details! It's the coolest thing to be able to teach people from all over the world!!!

First to pass off Tours!!
Like I said, this has seriously been the funnest week of my mission! 
I was the first sister in my group to pass off giving tours!! WOOOHOOO, everyone said it took so long to learn all the info, but I just love it all so much & passed it off!! 


I saw Elder Nelson just strolling down the square to City Creek, I was standing at the door itching my head wondering, whooo is THAT, & then some Sisters walked in and said, "Did you seeee Elder Nelson?" & I realized,  THATS WHO IT WAS!  Yayyy!  I wonder how many apostles I'll see while I'm here. Unfortunately, we're not even allowed to wave at them.  They have to talk to us first.


View from my apartment. : )


Music and the Spoken Word, MoTab w/Alex Boye
We went to Music in the Spoken Word on Sunday, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast that's every Sunday morning! It was soooo awesome & Alex Boye was there (the super cool African singer from the piano guys) I wanted to meet him sooo bad, but instead, when we walked out Sister Delue's family was alll standing there!!!
They surprised her all the way from FRANCE! 
It was the cutest thing everrrr. She DIED, & now we have bags & bags of French goodies... uhhohh... I can't gain weight or my skirts won't fit! 
My Favs Visiting Meee!!
But that's just where all the fun surprises began.  Then I turned around and saw Sister Ferguson... Then like 2 hours later Jordan Ferguson & Maddie show up and say Hi to me haha... The day before I saw all Kendl's girl friends from BYU... & then 3 hours after that KATE HANSEN comes walking up to me! WHATTT I FREAKED OUT, and was like are you kidding!!! It was the strangest most fun thing ever:) She's a cool girl. Then yesterday BLAKE, TAYLOR, & KRISTI found me on the square, I cried my eyes out! Happy tears, sad tears, scared tears, more happy tears! It was THE BEST!!!! We talked for a good little while & then they left me... my little heart broke. JK! But I loved seeing them!!! 

CONFERENCE CENTER ROOF!!
I'm convinced this is the most spoiled mission in the World!! We had Zone Conference which was amaaaaaazzing, so spiritually uplifting, and then they brought us Zupas for lunch. We also had Mission Family Home evening on Monday and got to go to members homes and they were soo sweet. It felt like heaven to be in a home! Then after, we all met up at the Stake Center and had the yummiest dinner and dessert catored by cold-stone, and heard from Brother Hartman, the man who made the color personality test. You know like if you're a BLUE or RED! It was sooooo fun, he and his wife just got home from serving their mission in South Africa. He loved talking with all of us and giving us marriage and mission advice. It was such a fun night. I can't believe how much our mission presidency loves us! They do everything they can to make sure we still have fun and can have little breaks since the square gets stressful, and you have to be a happy peppy ready missionary 120% of the day. 

I could go on & on about the week I've had & all the amazing experiences. But what it really comes down to is that when you put 150% into this work you love it no matter what happens in your week. I know that being on a mission is going to affect the rest of my life. I've never felt more whole and more happy in my whole entire life, and I know it's because I am guided by the Lord's hand every single day! This gospel is amazing. Don't miss taking advantage of it!  Dig into the scriptures! They weren't given to us to just sit on our night stand tables. Take advantage of living this gospel to  the best of your ability. I know that God has an amazing plan for each and every one of us! 
Beehive Clothing.  We did a service project & got to see where everything is made!
I LOVE MY MISSION & I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY 
-Sister Hansen <3



Santiago, Chile . . .  Yayyy Elder Dirkmaat!






No comments:

Post a Comment