Wednesday, September 25, 2013

9 / 25 Day 43 How in the World do the Weeks Fly So Fast?




My mind is trippin' that it's p.day already! What in the WORLD?
View from the top of the Church office building.
It's always so hard for me to figure out a way to organize my emails!  So, I'll just start with the miracles from my week like I always do.
We met the sweetest couple from Palm Springs.  Of course they wanted to know EVERYTHING they could about our church. Her name is Silvana and she is Catholic, but super interested in the church.  So we started at the Temple Model and taught her all about the temple and that fun stuff. Then we took them to Scripture and Revelations.  It starts out showing all the prophets in the Bible and then leads into Joseph Smith.  We taught all about the First Vision and then explained The Book of Mormon... She looked at me and said, "That makes so much sense that there would be something else other than the Bible... I need to get my hands on that book as soon as possible."  OMG I about dropped to the ground and screamed, "THE CHURCH IS TRUE HERE'S YOUR BOOK!"  hahaah, but I composed myself and said, "Don't worry, we can grab you one on your way out."  So we continued to take them around and teach them.  She was so knowledgeable about so many things.  LOVED HER.  We got her a Book of Mormon and The Living Christ.  I don't know why, but the ones who are super interested always want me to write down my testimony.  But I love doing it every time! I'm going to call her on Friday and see how things are going! She's GOLDEN :)
The actual size of Moroni on the temples.
I saw Bailey Gleason and this was literally an answer to my prayers!  I had been super homesick this day and just getting caught up in distracting thoughts. I said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to give me comfort so I could just move on and be productive. A few hours later Bailey comes walking in the door and I just started bawling!!! It felt soooo much better after talking and getting like a million hugs from her!  Heavenly Father cares about the little things too! He loves us and is always there to help us! 

What happens when Sister Deleu is teaching the
French & Spanish & I have no idea what's
going on!




Chats this week have been a roller coaster... One day it's members, and people about to be baptized that need encouragement and those chats are the best, they pump me up soo much. And then the next day it's Antis trying to prove your testimony wrong and telling you you're going to hell... But I just testify and tell them that I know the church is true and that there is nothing that will shake my testimony of God, and tell them to have a nice day! 







This mission does so much to care for the Sisters! There's always something fun in the week to look forward too! On Sunday we got to go to a family ward and speak, I was literally dying at the pulpit looking at all the darling children staring at me, I wanted to run down, grab them all and snuggle with them! hahaha.  But it was so nice to feel the love of members!

Yummy dinner we got to go to for passing off Giving Tours!
Love my mission bestie, Sister Tiritilli.
PJ Party for Enrichment Night!
President let us all walk home
in our PJs!
So funny!















OMyGosh BEST NEWS EVER.... ready for this.... WE GET TO GO TO THE RELIEF SOCIETY BROADCAST ON SATURDAY!  We are sooooooo excited!!
yay yay yayyy.



The Temple is sooo pretty.





We're all trying to get ourselves ready and pumped up for Conference, but I'll be honest... I'm soooo nervous.  21,000 people vs. our 200 missionaries! AH! 









Alright here's my update on my investigators! 
CHLOE: She went to church on Sunday and LOVED it.  She got a Book of Mormon and started reading and loving it before I even asked! I told her to read 2 Nephi 31 and to pray about... SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!!!!!  Unfortunately, we're still working on her Mom letting her and opening her heart to this whole thing. But it will happen, The Lord will prepare a way! She's so cute, and gets soooo excited to learn and I just can't believe she wants to be baptized! AH! 

LUIS: Our calls to him NEVER work and so we've just been emailing... stinks!! He's going through a super hard time right now. So we're just doing our best! 

There's so many other people and miracles happening, but Chloe is just the highlight! I can't say much more cause that's just soo exciting. 

My scripture study has been helping me soooo much to stay focused, motivated, & happy! I just want to share my favoritest quote I've come by so far on the mission,  that motivates me everyday! 
"Opposition turns up almost any place something good has happened... beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing.  If it was right when you prayed about it & trusted it, & lived for it, IT IS RIGHT NOW. Don't give up when the pressure mounts. Certainly don't give into that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness.  Face your doubts, master your fears. Cast not away therefore your confidence. STAY ON THE COURSE & SEE THE BEAUTY OF LIFE UNFOLD FOR YOU." 
-Jeffery R. Holland! 

Prepare for Conference! 

We have the biggest gift in the world and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ!! 
LOOVE YOU ALLL!!! <3
It's a good thing I wasn't called to get the Golden Plates 'cause
I can't even pick the weight of them up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment