Monday, January 20, 2014

1-15 / Day 155 Faith = Miracles

Well this week has been just as amazing as usual.
Some cool person made this in the snow!

I've decided that I'm going to SAVE AFRICA & here's why: haha
Lethu: I don't know if I've already talked about her. I probably have.
But she is a referral I got from Kendl before he left & I just LOVE HER.  She has such an intense and deep love for Christ! But she has this ridiculous fear of reading the Book of Mormon because she's afraid it's going to take away from the knowledge she already has. Oh man... if she only knew! We talked about how it will only add to the knowledge she has and bring her even closer to Christ, but she's just too freaked out. I asked her to just have enough faith to read one chapter and pray about it, but she wouldn't. I didn't want to take no for an answer because I know how awesome & special she is, but she will only get better by reading it. So I asked if I could read it with her on the phone next time we call her and she agreed! So, I need to do some intense praying about what we should share with her next. But I know she feels the spirit when we talk and after everytime she sends the sweetest texts telling us how much she LOVES us and it's just so cute!
Ibrahim: He's from Ghana! I acutally got him from another Sister who was going outbound and she wasn't able to ever get ahold of him but I DID! YAY! He's AMAZING. He has a friend from the UK who's a member and she has just been a crazy great influence on him and caused him to want to learn more about Jesus Christ and how he can have a personal relationship with him. I've been teaching him through email cause the phone connection just stinks! But his first question to me was... If I was a member of the church here in Ghana how could I be a powerful and great influence on all those around me? OKAY PURE JOY CAME ACROSS MY FACE READING THAT! We've shared some stuff with him over email & I'm just anxiously awaiting his response! SO GREAT : )
Back to America now:
Myriam: Oh man, bless her sweet little soul! I just love her!! She is getting baptized on Saturday and is just sooo happy about it. She got back to school the first week of January and talked to the Elders about the baptismal date we talked about... they of course were sooo excited. She told us the prayer that they said at the end of the lesson touched her heart and gave her so much peace and happiness about being baptized. She got home that night and was just getting things ready for the next day & to go to bed when she thought "hmmm I should open up my Book of Mormon" And so she did... just decided to open it up and read the first thing her eyes saw which was Mosiah 10:18 "Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you?"
She started crying & texted us RIGHT away telling us what happened and then we started crying!! haha. Oh man, the Lord works in mysterious ways that's for sure! This church is SOOOO TRUE, things like that just don't happen by chance!
I have had some pretty amazing experiences this week. Too many to type! haha.

My new district.  YaY!! Together again with Sister Asay!!!

There are 10 things I've really learned from serving this mission so far that I KNOW will bless my life here and after the mission forever...
1. Knowledge and love of Jesus Christ: If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here and I truly couldn't get along day by day without his love and without his amazing gospel! He is the reason for ALL of this.
2. Knowledge and love of the scriptures: like I've said before, I truly thought I loved the scriptures before I got here but that has changed times a million.
3. Increase of love for my parents: HOLY COW! I am eternally indebted to them for allowing me to be here and encouraging me, praying for me, and loving me every single day while I'm gone!
4. A love for the mission and those you meet: Oh man I could go on for days about this so I won't even get started.
5. Appreciation for Hard Work: I've never worked this hard in my whole entire life. I feel like a HUGE boulder when I hit the pillow each night!
6. Assurance that the Holy Spirit is available to all: if it wasn't for the spirit no one would be baptized and I know that for sure. It is not because of me that people are changed and know the church is true it is because of the spirit.
7. Understanding of the importance of team work: Temple Square is all about helping each other out and being there for each other! I know exactly why I was called to this mission and it's such an amazing place to be.
8. Value of personal virtue: I know that one of the biggest converts from this mission is ME! I've grown so much and I have really seen how much the Lord truly does love me!
9. The Faith to Act: This week I've had so many thoughts in my head like, "Okay just say Hi as you pass by those people over there... & then instantly I think NO go and share something with them," & we've been able to experience some amazing miracles just because we had a lil faith!
10. Ability to Pray: I used to laugh when I saw my mom praying for like literally an hour long & now I've turned into her & its just hilarious to me! Now when I get back home no one in the family is going to let mom or I say the night prayers! hahah I LOVE PRAYING!


I hope you all are just doing amazzzingg!!!!
-Sister Hansen


Okay, somebody didn't sleep well last night.

We had a Hawaiian goodbye for Pres Seppi (going to be Mission Pres in Thailand),
and our sweet Gillettes.  Their last day is tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment