Thursday, March 13, 2014

3 - 13 / Day 213 So Much To Share ... Not Enough Time



What a crazy week! I have so much fun news & I don't know where to start.


Lets see.... Who remembers Paul Decker? You know that amazing chat that I got where he said he wanted to be baptized and he even had a blog about all his spritual experiences? Well he finally got baptized 5 months later! WOOOHOOO. His whole family was there & his wife even gave a talk that brought everyone to tears... not even a member yet ;)


We had Zone Conference this past week and it was aamazzzing. President Poulsen is literally such an inspired man... I love him soo much! & feel like he actually knows me. Sister Bondare and I were sitting by his office the other day just getting some things done, he walked past and said, "Sister Hansen what are you up to with all these notes & things," I said, "Just getting ready for District Meeting tomorrow." He said, "Well I was just coming out to find you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for talking with your sweet former companion each pday."  He got teary eyed and said, "that means so much to me and you're such a sweet missionary.  I know Sister Vasconcelos loves you a lot!" Omg... that was the kindest thing in the world to hear him say that and then see him even get emotional.. I'm telling you.. An amazing man right there.

Chillin' at the North Gate on a Sunday : )
He gave an awesome talk on Character during zone conference. SO motivating. It reminded my of my Mommy & how everytime we were being stupid or didn't know what to do she would always say "What kind of character is that?" or "How does that develop a good character?" haha! Those words of wisdom always haunted me in wanting to become so much better & President's remarks just added to it.

It's been sooo sunny for the most part this week... it makes me soooo happy! It probably annoys my companion 'cause I get all giddy and nothing can make me mad cause it's so stinkin pretty and perfect out! haha.

We found out that Chris is a troller... not gonna say I didn't see that one coming. Found out a bunch of others Sisters have tried teaching him but he just likes wasting our time apparently and makes up stories. I asked him about it and all he said was, I'm gonna het baptized Alriiiight! haha I said okay... well you should probably talk to your local missionaries than because as much as I wish I could, I can't baptize you over the phone. Yup okay... bye Chris have a nice life! hahah.

I don't want to complain or be mean... but... I've really been struggling with my companion the past week or two. I've realized that she just really doesn't see the world the way I do and she just really doesn't have hope for her own future.  It makes me sad & I don't know how to deal with it. But I've learned what it's like to just get over yourself and try your best to make someone else happy. It's always whatever Sister Bondare wants and it's always her way, so whatever.  It's really not worth the arguement or having to deal with an annoyed companion. It's more worth it to just give her what she wants instead of dealing with contention because no teaching by the spirit will be done if she's mad or I'm mad.  So I'm learning to be happy by making her happy and giving her what she wants. It's probably bad of me, owell... idk what else to do.


Sandra is getting baptizedd!!! She was going to be baptized on March 22, but then she found out her Mom was going to be out of town then, so maybe the next weekend instead! But Bradley her husband has been so open and awesome about all of this. He sat in on a discussion the other day and even asked questions and said the closing prayer! So it went from him telling her, "don't tell me anythiing about the church and I won't ask any questions, you do your thing & I'll do mine," to him sitting in on the lessons and participating! YAY:)


Our phone system has been messed up for about a week now, it's super upsetting. So it's caused us to not be able to call our investigators and I'm sooo sadd! I hope it gets fixed soon because that's half our  missionary work right there!


I've started reading the Book of Mormon again and I'm focusing all on the Atonement this time. I've realized how much the Book of Mormon really does help us to become so much closer to the Savior. My understanding of the Atonement has already grown soo much and I'm only in 1 Nephi 20! You can't hardly turn a page without reading something in reference to the Savior!


I can't even express my gratitude for this mission and all that it is allowing my to learn. I adore the testimony that I have of this gospel and how amazing and real it is. I was pondering this week about how truly insane it is to watch all these peoples' lives change because of the principles of the gospel. Ben visited the square again this week. He thanked me from the bottom of his heart, with tears in his eyes for the testimony I shared with him and for helping him get into the waters of baptism. It's moments like that where I am SO happy to be here. Where I just think... how did I get so lucky?!


This morning in Relief Society, we got to hear from Sister Carole M. Stephens, first counselor of the Relief Society presidency! It was soooo good. The spirit touched my heart so many times. I just looked and listened to her and was remembering my setting apart. How it counseled me to watch carefully all the Woman who hold special roles in the church.


Please take daily advantage of the sweet and special knowledge we have!!!!

Love you all,
Sister Hansen




No comments:

Post a Comment